Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sympathy

I posted this a few days ago and just realized now after looking at my blog it's not there. Hmm. I don't know, technology confuses me sometimes. So here we go again ...


Sympathy cards are another one I struggle with along with masculine cards. I don't particularly enjoy making them (I mean who really does), but it's a reality that you need them every now and then. A few days ago my grandfather asked me to make one for him for a friend of the family, and this is what I came up with ...
 
Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Fabulous Florets, Petite Pairs
Ink: Soft Suede, Versa Mark
Paper: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Victoria Crochet Trim, Tulip Frame Embossing Folder
 
For the stem to get the look of the darker and lighter I first stamped the middle stem in soft suede, I then reinked the stamp and stamped off on scrap paper twice before stamping the second stem and then repeated with the third stem.
 
The new ink pads are so nice for vibrant solid colour. If you do want a lighter more pastel look though you just have to stamp off once or twice on scrap paper first. The Stampin' Up! gird paper is awesome for this and even has lines and measurements on it too!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Happy Stamping,
Elizabeth Emma

1 comments:

Barb said...

I am enjoying your blog Elizabeth. Keep up the good work, and inspiration!

Post a Comment