Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sympathy

For a change today's card doesn't use anything new from sale-a-bration or the spring catalogue. My grandpa called me the other morning and asked me if I had a sympathy card for him. A friend of his had passed away and he wanted to send one to his wife.

Sympathy cards aren't my most favourite thing to make (I doubt they are anybody's favourite) but as a reality of life, we need them every now and again (hopefully not too often).

I even busted out my heat gun for today's card. I haven't used it in awhile but it made me realize I miss it so I may have to start using it more often, also Stampin' Up! has a new pool party embossing powder that looks really nice! A bonus of the heat gun, on a freezing winter morning like today it really warms up those fingers.

Stampin' Supplies
Stamps: Fabulous Florets, Petite Pairs
Ink: Soft Suede, Versa Mark
Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Accessories: Heat Gun, Victoria Crochet Trim, Gold Embossing Powder, Tulip Embossing Folder, Stamping Sponges

 
To get the different look on the stems I stamped the one in the middle and then I stamped off on scrap paper once and stamped back on the side again. I re-inked the stamp and stamped off twice before doing the stem on the other side. It shows how versatile the ink can be. It can be really vibrant if you want it to be or subtle if you would rather that look.

Happy Stamping,
Elizabeth Emma

0 comments:

Post a Comment