Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Experience with MDS

I am a little late to the game, but oh well. Awhile ago I bought My Digital Studio (MDS). I didn't think I was one for digital scrapbooking, I like the traditional paper, adhesive, ink, and stamps. I had heard so many wonderful things about it, I thought I might give it a go, and so I used some of my hostess dollars (a wonderful reason to host a workshop ladies and gents) and bought it.

After I bought MDS I loaded it onto my computer and it just sat there and sat there. To be truthful, I was a little confused. I know people my age are supposed to be all in touch with the digital world and totally love these things. And for the most part I am, and I do, but I couldn't seem to get the hang of it (I didn't give myself very much time however).

Well in one of our recent Stampin' Success Magazines (a publication exclusively for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators), I saw a super cute birth announcement made using MDS. And since that hits home right now, I decided to give it another go! You'll never guess, I absolutely loved it! And after spending some time with it, I found it is very easy to operate. I made a couple super cute thank-you/birth announcement cards for Gabriel, and quite quickly too (which is awesome from any mother's perspective I am sure).

So enough of my rambling on, here is my first attempt at My Digital Studio, please don't judge too harshly, I am just a beginner.

The picture is a little small, I apologize for that. This is one I took pretty much right out of Stampin' Success, but I thought it was a good jumping off point. I used the colours Wild Wasabi and Bashful Blue for the background, and the writing and Flag punch are Marina Mist.

Well what do you think? I made another one as well that I will share with you tomorrow. I hope there will be many more digital projects to come!

Happy Stamping,
Elizabeth Emma

0 comments:

Post a Comment