Friday, August 31, 2012

Comfort Cafe Birthday

My wonderful Aunt Brigitte just celebrated a very big birthday last Saturday! That's right, she turned the big 5-0! Although she doesn't look a day over 25 ;)! I love my Aunt Brigitte dearly, and find myself to be much like her. We both share a love for nursing, scrapbooking, and organization (although she's got the organization thing down a lot better than me I must say).

Recently, for her 25th Wedding Anniversary, she traveled with her husband, my Uncle Brad, her brother, My Uncle John, and his girlfriend Victoria to Europe. They had a wonderful trip, and got to visit with lots and lots of relatives in Germany. On Saturday we are all getting together for a potluck and slide show to look at some of the great pictures they took.

We have done slide shows with my family for as long as I can remember. I don't know if it is because my Uncle John is a University professor and has always had access to a slide projector or what (oh ya we did it back before you could set it all up on the computer. We used actual slides, crazy). But I love it, sometimes we look at old family photos, or my Uncle John's adventures (he travels a lot), sometimes a bit of both! Needless to say I am looking forward to seeing everyone, eating yummy food, and looking at some great pictures.

Here is the birthday card I made for Aunt Brigitte, using the Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper, which I must say is quickly becoming my favourite.

 
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Midnight Muse
Paper: Comfort Cafe DSP, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse
Accessories: 1 3/4" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Naturals Designer Buttons, Linen Thread

Happy Stamping,
Elizabeth Emma

0 comments:

Post a Comment