Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Oh Baby

So I am back after the long Easter weekend. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend and got to spend some time with your family and loved ones. I worked all weekend, but was still able to enjoy myself!

I made (or attempted to make) a few snacks for everyone to enjoy (courtesy of pinterest of course)! And got to visit to some family I hadn't seen in awhile, always nice!

These are some deserts I made to look like birds nest. They were so simple. Just some Chow Mien noodles, covered in chocolate, shaped to look like nests with a few jelly beans or mini eggs placed inside. I was happy with how they turned out and they seemed to go over fairly well.

I actually saw these little guys on the Rachael Ray show, but have come across them on pinterest as well. I also used Rachael Ray's deviled egg recipe which I must say was delicious. I feel like my chicks kind of turned out a little evil looking though. However, they still tasted good which I suppose is the main point.

Now I can't take credit for these but how adorable are they? My cousin Becky-Lou made them! I loved the colours and the polka-dots, they tasted great too!

Now for some more cuteness. This little guy is "Banjo". He is just 8 weeks old and is the newest addition for my cousin Dustin and his girlfriend Kayla. He was so playful and fun, definitely the centre of attention during Easter

Now into the cards. I have to cards to show you today, although relatively similar, they differ in gender. I used a bunch of layering and broke into some designer series paper that I had been hoarding I mean, saving for awhile. I believe this idea originally came from Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty! A creative genius that woman is!


Stamps: Baby Prints (Occasions Mini)
Ink: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist,
Paper: Pear Pizazz, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Nursery Nest DSP
Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Retired Ribbon


Stamps: Baby Prints (Occasions Mini)
Ink: Blushing Bride, Basic Gray
Paper: Blushing Bride, Basic Grey, Whisper White, Nursery Nest DSP
Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Blushing Bride Pleated Satin Ribbon (Occasions Mini)


And here was my blond moment of the day I thought I would share with you all. I went to all this work making a beautiful card, with tons of layering...only to find out after I had finished, oops, totally opens the wrong way! Ugh! I was mad, call it baby brain perhaps? I don't know what I was thinking!

Happy Stamping,
Elizabeth Emma

0 comments:

Post a Comment