Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Break from Stamping

I took a break from stamping yesterday to work on a couple other projects, I hope you don't mind my sharing. My mom got me a sewing machine for Christmas a couple years ago and I keep promising I will use it more and learn more about it. For the most part, I have failed at that promise, but lately I've been breaking it out a little bit more. I can't sew much more than a straight line at this point, but I am getting there.

My little man has been drooling like crazy lately (well actually my big man too for that matter, molars perhaps) and I am sure that teeth are on the way. We have a couple really cute bandanna bibs that I got at H&M when Gabe was a baby and while I love the look of them I don't love the patterns. So I thought this was something simple enough to make and I could probably do it and choose my own cute fabric. Off to Pinterest I went and I found this awesome tutorial. And I was right, oh so super simple! I think they turned out pretty good (juts please don't enlarge the photos to check my sewing skills) and I can't wait to go out and get some more fabric to make a couple more!



And of course we need a few snapshots of my handsome man modelling his new bandanna bib. 


While I was at it I made a couple more regular bibs. We are starting to venture into solids in the near future and you can never have enough bibs. For these ones I just used a bib we already had as the pattern and went from there. Again super simple but don't get looking too closely. Let's just say it's a good thing these are only meant for spit up and food.

I also made a few more cloth wipes to add to my collection, but they weren't overly pretty or exciting so I don't have photos of them to share. I used old receiving blankets, cut into 8x8 squares and they were perfectly! Although I think I'll buy some more pretty flannel and make a couple more sets.



Happy Stamping (and other creative projects), 
Elizabeth Emma

Don't worry I'll be back later this week with a territory I am much more comfortable in, stamping!
P.S. Don't forget to check up this week's weekly deals and contact me if you would like to place an order, or remember you can shop online 24/7 (in your PJs even). 


0 comments:

Post a Comment