Monday, March 11, 2013

8 Months Old

I guess I am a bit delayed with this post...but in my defense, I was confused as to when Gabe actually turned 8 months. He was born on June 30th, but since there was no 3th in February, it threw me off. Anyways here is the update!

At 8 months old Gabe is:
  • 15 lbs 1oz and 27 3/4 inches long (tall and skinny! He must get that from my dad and brother because neither myself or Cody is overly tall)
  • trying so hard to crawl! He gets on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth, but then falls to his tummy, looks like he is swimming and freaks out. But we are getting there.
  • Loving standing! Whether it's holding onto someone's hands or onto a piece of furniture he cannot get enough of it. I am seriously worried we may skip crawling altogether.000
  • Eating like a champ. He eats 3 "meals" now in addition to about 4 nursing sessions a day. He is great at finger foods and picking things up (he would rather feed himself than have someone feed him). Some of his favourites are yogurt melts, bananas, chicken, and pasta.
  • Sleeping much better (thank-you sweet baby Jesus, I am starting to feel human again). He naps for about 1-1.5 hours in the morning and afternoon and sleeps 11-12 hours at night!
  • still toothless! I constantly think he is working on them, but nothing yet. Daddy adorningly calls him toothless Joe
  • Friends with everyone, rarely, if ever makes strange and totally freaks out and gets giddy when he sees other kids! It's so adorable. So social, I love it!
  • still looking like an old man with his crazy hair. It is long and thin and so so blonde! I never thought I would have a blonde baby, but I love it! His hair is in his eyes a lot, but I don't want to cut it because it is so thin I feel like he would have none left.
Just practicing our standing, giving mom a heart attack, no big deal
 
This is what happens when mom gives up and just decides to let him have the bowl. Wow. The neatfreak in me is screaming, the mom in me is giggling hardcore.
 
I love my little monster so much! Words cannot express how amazing these last 8 months have been. I also cannot believe it has been 8 months. The time really does fly. I am back to work in June and trying to enjoy every moment I have with my little man in the meantime.

I promise I will be back with more craftiness tomorrow!

Happy Stamping,
Elizabeth Emma

0 comments:

Post a Comment