Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Happy Father's Day using Colour Coach

I have been absent for quite some time! I apologize for that, it's amazing how quickly things can get busy around here! We had a couple weeks of nice weather, so I was outside getting flower beds into shape helping my mom get my flower beds into shape, this big belly kind of holds me back a little bit. We just moved into our house in December, and before that we were only in an apartment, so it's nice to finally have a yard and our own outdoor space, Cody especially loves his "man cave" of a garage.

Anyways, onto the actual stamping here. I really like the Best Dad Ever set and I was so glad to see it continued in the new catalogue. I found the inspiration for this card online but wanted to change up the colours a bit. So I headed over to my "Colour Coach" to pick a nice combo! That thing is so great when you are in a rut and can't figure out which colours to use!


Here is my colour coach all fanned out. It includes every single current Stampin' Up! colour (even the new "in colours". Each card contains the colour name and which family it belongs in (Brights, Subtles, Regals, Neutrals, or In Colours).

On the back of each card are different ways to use the colour:
  • Creative Combination is a balanced combination containing a Power Pair and a third colour.
  • Dynamic Duo is Stampin' Up! colours in monochromatic schemes.
  • Sweet Set is a second combination using selections from the other core colours
  • Getting Started Combination is a second combination using only colours from the Getting Started collection (this is shown only on Getting Started colour cards).
Shelli's favourite colour combinations are marked with a heart (Stampin' Up!'s co-founder and CEO)

On this card I decided to use the "Creative Combination" on the back of Real Red! And without further delay, onto the card!

I really liked the way it turned out. I did a ton of layering on this card. And this DSP I used is actually from a Christmas Set from the 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalogue. It just shows you how versatile Stampin' Up!'s DSP can be!

Stamp Sets: Best Dad Ever
Ink: Real Red, Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, Christmas DSP
Accessories: Fancy Label Punch, Crumb Cake Button, and Colour Coach

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you all have a wonderful day and come by again soon.

Happy Stamping,
Elizabeth Emma




0 comments:

Post a Comment