Sunday, March 20, 2011

To Our Brave Fallen Heroes

This is my fiance, Cody, who I love with all my heart and I am very proud of, and I don't think I tell him that enough.





On Thursday March 17th, 2011 in Cody's hometown of Listowel Ontario, two volunteer firefighters were killed in a fire that broke out at the Dollar Stop in the downtown.


30-year old Ray Walter of Listowel Fire Department and 56-year old Ken Rea of Atwood Fire Department were killed when the roof of the building collapsed while they were searching for victims.

The funerals for these gentlemen will take place this Thursday, March 24th, at the Listowel arena. There are as many as 12, 000 emergency personnel from all over North America expected to attend.
I would just like to take this opportunity to inform everyone how important volunteer firefighters are. They put their lives on the line every time the pager rings. They leave their families, and their Christmases, their dinners, and their memories to keep your family and your homes safe. They work hard, and the deserve recognition.
Next time you see a firefighter, a police officer, or a paramedic in your town, please give them a huge hug, from me, from you, from people everywhere, and tell them how much you love them and what an amazing job they are doing!!
I would like to send my condolences and my prayers to the Water and Rea families for their tragic loss. And also to members of both the Listowel and Atwood Fire Departments who both lost their brothers on that tragic day.
And Cody, I love you with all my heart. I hate that you have chose this career. But I love you and am proud of you and will support you in anything and everything you do.
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment