Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Steph's Bridal Shower

My brother in-law is getting married next week and I couldn't be more excited! He has met the most wonderful girl and I feel blessed to call her one of my close friends. It has been so great getting to know her over the past year. She is truly a wonderful match for Kyle, and a great role model for his little girl, I know they will be happy for years to come.

 
On Sunday we hosted a bridal shower for her at my place. I under estimated how much work goes into getting one of those things ready (especially with two littles running around) but it all came together and I think Steph was happy.

I settled on Calypso Coral, Costal Cabana and Gold for a colour theme. Although, let me tell you that was one of the hardest tasks itself. There are so many great colour combos! Some colours that were a close second were crisp cantaloupe and pistachio pudding. If you don't remember, you can find the blog post with her shower invitations here.

 
I made the super cute banner using my circle framelits, Big Shot (with magnetic platform) and Baker's Twine. It was super simple and I love the look of it. I only wish I had a little girl so I could hang it in her room. It might end up living in my craft space for now.

 
For the cups, I used mason jars with Calypso Coral pom-pom trim (which unfortunately is unavailable to order right now) and Coastal Cabana Ribbon (free during sale-a-bration). The straws were from my beloved Target (lets take a minute and shed another tear that it is leaving Canada).


The picks in the cupcakes and other food (please don't judge too harshly, I am a crafter not a baker) were from the stamp set Girls Night Out and I used the scallop circle punch and circle punch to cut them out. With Coastal Cabana and Calypso Coral ink and Card Stock.


The rosettes were made using Heather Summers tutorial that I found on Pinterest. I used Soft Subtles, Maritime and Lullaby Designer Series Paper along with Gold Glimmer Paper, Calypso Coral and Coastal Cabana card stock. The buttons are from the accessory package available for FREE during sale-a-bration.

I also made Steph a super cute card to go along with her gift from us, but I will leave that for tomorrow's Blog post!

If you have any questions about how things were made or what products I used please do not hesitate to ask me, I'd love to share!

Happy Stamping,
Elizabeth Emma

0 comments:

Post a Comment